- read a bunch of articles and news reports that say the temperature is going to be -17 in the morning, and the wind chill -35.
- remember that the last time you were outside, and the wind chill was in the -30s, it felt like your entire face was going to freeze off within seconds--even under a scarf.
- spend the entire evening bracing to face that kind of cold again.
- step outside.
- wait a minute.
- notice that your face is not freezing off.
- bask in the tropical glow.
Thursday, February 03, 2011
a quick and easy guide to staying warm in Chicago: