Wednesday, October 06, 2010

song meme: days 22-26

despite the fact that i've had home internet since monday, i've just been so uninspired to write these last couple days that i've fallen five days behind on this thing. then again...i can't promise this will be well written, since i'm not inspired to write even now. i'm just...not liking being five days behind on this.

i'm also fucking cranky tonight. can you tell?

anyway, here goes.

Day 22: A Song You Listen To When You’re Sad

maybe i'm weird. maybe i'm masochistic. but, when i'm sad, i only like to listen to songs that are sad. then again, most of the time i only like to listen to songs that are sad, because there's no better way to piss me off than to shove happiness in my face. but, when i'm sad, i like to listen to a song that makes me feel like somebody somewhere gets how i'm feeling and understands why i can't be happy or satisfied.

and, often, "Kody" by Matchbox20 fits that bill.



Day 23: A Song You Want To Play At Your Wedding

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*catches her breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

me? getting married? you must have confused me with someone else. seriously. i'm never getting married...there's no way i can look anyone in the eye and say "'til death do us part." me getting married is only a recipe for me getting divorced, and the fact that i believe in making good on promises i make to people i care about means i can't actually promise someone i care about the rest of my life, knowing that the odds are against me actually being able to give them that much. so, as a message to anyone who would prod me toward marriage...i bring you "Fuck You" by Wesley Willis.



Day 24: A Song That You Want To Play At Your Funeral

i want my funeral to be a celebration of me and all the things i thought were awesome in life. as such, at my funeral, i want people to play songs i love. people usually think of playing hymns at a funeral...and maybe there'll be a bit of Pretty Choral Music at my funeral, since there's a good bit of Pretty Choral Music i love in life. however, there had also better be some good rock music at my funeral, since there's no music i love more than that. and, if one song is responsible for getting me started listening to good rock music, it's this one: "The Freshmen" by The Verve Pipe.



Day 25: A Song That Makes You Laugh

duracells...energizers...automatic circumcisers...yeah, i can think of a good choice for this one. :)

"Hardware Store" by Weird Al Yankovic, for the win.



(although "Trapped In The Drive-Thru" was really tempting.)

Day 26: A Song That You Can Play On An Instrument

me? play an instrument? that's a funny one. seriously, i suck at musical instruments. they require finger dexterity, something that i very much do not possess.

the closest i can come to this is "a song to which i taught myself the guitar solo when i was in high school": "Like A Stone" by Audioslave. i never could play the rest of the song, and only vaguely remember the solo, but given my instrumental ineptitude, it's the best i can do.

No comments: