Monday, September 20, 2010

song meme: days 9 and 10

Day 09: A Song That You Can Dance To
no song makes me want to dance like "Ark of the Envious" makes me want to dance. this is Brian Vander Ark singing it solo, although it was originally on The Verve Pipe's 1992 album I've Suffered A Head Injury. still, this version captures the MUST GET UP AND DANCE NOW feeling of the original...fortunately, he's performing the song as i know it, and didn't hack it to pieces like he did "1229 Sheffield".



(and...the realisation that I've Suffered A Head Injury is eighteen years old makes me feel positively ancient. sure, i know, i didn't even hear the album until 1997, but still...file that away with the fact that i moved to college 10 years ago this weekend, and that my 10 year high school reunion was this weekend1, and i'm in a major state of Get Off My Lawn.)

Day 10: A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep

i can't say there's a song that makes me fall asleep per se, but i find listening to anything off of Snake River Conspiracy's album Sonic Jihad around bedtime to be extremely soothing. it's great winding-down music.



***

1 no, i didn't go to my 10-year reunion this weekend. i didn't see the point. i don't generally keep in touch with people from high school, and i really didn't want to blow all that money and time going to a place i can't stand, and trying to remember and relive days i'd rather forget. it was tempting, as a matter of car-crash fascination, but i think i did the right thing staying in Chicago this weekend and spending what would have been reunion night singing karaoke with my friends here in Chicago.

No comments: