Tuesday, March 02, 2010

disjointed updates

the move is over. not like much of my stuff is unpacked...most of what little free floor space i have is still covered in boxes. it'll be better once i actually start putting the contents of the boxes in the closet, dresser, and bookshelf, although space is still very much at a premium in my new bedroom. i'd say it's about half, maybe slightly more than half, the size of my previous one. still, though...my previous bedroom was ridiculously large, and i'm super happy to be paying half the rent i was in my old place.

***

there's a super-cute brunch place called nana at 33rd and halsted--just a few blocks from my new place. it's bad news that i live so close to it, since i'm going to want to go there way too often. i just tried it today, and it was nom nom nom. the poblano pepper sauce there was especially awesome.

***

tonight, i may or may not have resurrected an external hard drive i thought i bricked a year ago. it seems to be working perfectly well right now, so signs are good. still, knowing that it was messed up, i don't think i'm ever going to save anything on it that i don't have saved somewhere else already, but it's nice to have a functioning 320 gig external hard drive, as opposed to the big, book-sized 320 gig external that i have. i've only got 150 gigs or so of stuff saved on that thing...i'll probably copy it all to the one i resurrected, so i'll hopefully be able to access those files on the go again. especially without my iPod (since some jerk stole it back in January!), it'll be nice to be able to play my music collection away from home again.

***

that being said, not having an iPod is still driving me crazy. i'm behind on all my podcasts, and it's driving me crazy not having music on walks, bus trips, and el rides. i'm still mad at the jerk who stole it [whoever he or she may be...], and hoping to get a new one at some point. i'm not dropping megabucks on a new player, but may try and score a used one when my tax refund comes in.

***

that's about all i have to say for the moment.

No comments: