Sunday, June 21, 2009

i dare you.

i'm trying out for american idol tomorrow, and i was printing out and signing the release form that they make all prospective contestants sign. one of the passages cracks me up:

"I understand that I may reveal, and other parties may reveal, information about me that is of a personal, private, embarrassing or unfavorable nature, which information may be factual and/or fictional. I further understand that my appearance, depiction and/or portrayal in the Program may be disparaging, defamatory, embarrassing or of an otherwise unfavorable nature which may expose me to public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation. I acknowledge and agree that Producer shall have the right to (a) include any or all such information and appearances, depictions or portrayals in the Program as edited by Producer in its sole discretion, and (b) broadcast and otherwise exploit the Program containing any or all such information and appearances, depictions or portrayals in any manner whatsoever in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, or for any other purpose, throughout the universe in perpetuity."

so, in other words, i can lie about my personal life, the show can lie about my personal life, and they can craft my image at the whim of the producer. take your best shot, mister Producer. i challenge you to make me look more ridiculous than i make myself look on a daily basis. i promise you that the task is more difficult than you think.

1 comment:

Useless Dicta said...

So how did it go today? We're DYING to hear!!!