i did, in fact, post this to blogger from the command line, from a program i am in the middle of writing!
i still have a lot of work to do on it, since i want there to be a way to enter a title and post text from the program, have the program plug that info into the xml in a template text file, and upload it from there. right now, i have to type the post text by hand into the xml template, and then the program uploads that file as the blogger post. it's not the most user-friendly way to go through it...but this program is still in "debugging" stage.
but, i have an idea of how to do that. that's a question of using the text processing skills i've been learning. the thing i was having the hardest time with was formatting the http requests to interact correctly with blogger's API--and i have done that!!!
this makes me happy. i've spent so much time puzzling through that interface, and my effort is officially not for naught!