Friday, March 09, 2007

"one man show"
by tidewater grain

they were the last of the winter boys
stranded in alleys that had no end
a sad mix of innocents
i counted them as my friends

never had no true love but excess
tiger's milk slash kerosene combined
that was the greatest invention
'cause with them i lost my mind

well there ain't no place left to sleep
i got nowhere to go
i ain't never been empty
welcome to my one man show

ah the things that changes bring
the glory it passed just like the cold
i can hear those voices singing
hope i die before i get old
i hope i die before they take my soul

well there ain't no place left to sleep
i got nowhere to go
i ain't never been empty
welcome to this one man show

well there ain't no place left to sleep
i got nowhere to go
i ain't never been empty
welcome to my one man show
and when i look back on those times
trying to make sense of my life
i can still hear all those angels crying
i heard them
i heard them saying
they told me to tell you
they told me to tell you something baby
goodbye
goodbye
goodbye
goodbye

No comments: