Tuesday, January 23, 2007

i've been delinquent on my blogging.

i've been very busy these last couple days. most of the stuff i've been thinking about, spending a lot of time with, are work things. i love my clinic at the public defender so much; i wish i didn't have to take class, and i could just spend forty or fifty hours a week there. they'd clearly have enough work for me to do, and i can't get enough of it. i love it. i get to talk with clients a lot. i get to be in court on a regular basis. i get to learn more than i ever have about the criminal justice system. some of it is fascinating. some of it disgusts me.1

but, i just love working in the public defender's office. the people i work with are fantastic--interns, lawyers, and undergrads. the cases are fascinating. once my rule 13 goes through, i'll get to speak in court.

choosing to do this clinic is one of the best decisions i've ever made. it's reaffirming why i chose to go to law school in the first place.

***
1 when i have my wits about me, there will be very long rants here about my distaste for the practice of civil commitment, as well as for grand juries. but, this involves reasoned argument, and i'm so sleep-deprived right now that i'd just ramble and bitch.

1 comment:

Mad Jurist said...

Hey, grand juries are fine, as long as you don't like ham sandwiches :P