Wednesday, November 15, 2006

this blog hasn't been inundated with song lyrics in a while, and it's about time that it is so inundated, again. this blog is all about what's running in my head, and i have (as a matter of necessity, a matter of sanity) been reconnecting with my inner music head as of late.

***

"bottled"
by dysception

one day it’s here
the next day it’s gone
what should i think
about what’s going on

about what's going on

somehow this always happens
would anyone understand
who can i even tell
that would give a damn

i keep it bottled inside
i have no one to tell
feeling as though i might scream
i need to find exactly what this means
to me
to me

is there something i should say
something i should do
i’m so confused right now
i only wish i knew

i only wish i knew

i keep it bottled inside
i have no one to tell
feeling as though i might scream
i need to find exactly what this means
to me
to me

i can’t take it
i can't take it
i can't take it
i need to let it out

i keep it bottled inside
i have no one to tell
feeling as though i might scream
i need to find exactly what this means to me
i keep it bottled inside
i have no one to tell
feeling as though i might scream
i need to find exactly what this means
to me
to me

i love dysception. i miss them a lot...they were one of the best bands on the chicago music scene, circa 2003, and i saw them whenever i could. their songs are good, their lyrics are blunt, and sometimes they're just what i need. today? that kind of day.

***

"back 2 good"
by matchbox20

it's nothing
it's so normal
you just stand there
i could say so much
but i don't go there 'cause i don't want to
i was thinking if you were lonely
maybe we could leave here and no one would know
at least not to the point that we would think so

everyone here knows everyone here is thinking about somebody else
and it's best if we all keep it under our heads
i couldn't tell if anyone here was feeling the way i do
but i'm lonely now
and i don't know how
to get it back to good

this don't mean that you own me well
this ain't no good in fact it's phony as hell
yeah but things worked out just like you wanted to
if you see me out you don't know me
try to turn your head
try to give me some room
to figure out just what i'm going to do

and everyone here hates everyone here for doing just like they do
and it's best if we all keep this quiet instead
and i couldn't tell why everyone here was doing me like they do
but i'm sorry now
and i don't know how
to get it back to good

everyone here is wondering what it's like to be with somebody else
and everyone here's to blame
and everyone hereg ets caught up in the pleasure of the pain
yeah well everyone here hides shades of shame
yeah but looking inside we're the same we're the same
and we're all grown now
but we don't know how
to get it back to good

everyone here knows everyone here is thinking 'bout somebody else
and it's best if we all keep this under our heads
i couldn't tell if anyone here was feeling the way i do
but it's over now
and i don't know how
guess it's over now
there's no getting back to good

what needs to be said about this song that hasn't already been said? it's a classic. a ten...year...old...classic that got me through my high school years, my college years, and now my law school years. it's my old, beaten up blankie, only so beaten up because it's so comfortable, so well loved.

No comments: