Wednesday, November 29, 2006

i'm so proud of myself. i feel so productive. last night, i cleaned my apartment from top to bottom. i did all my laundry. i made my bed, i washed my dishes, and i made my apartment livable for once. i moved into my place in july, but i've spent so little time there that i had made zero effort to make it look clean or nice or livable. now, i'm spending a lot of time there, so i decided that i may as well made it a place i enjoy spending time in, and a place that i would allow my friends to come in and see. now, it is such a place.

today, i ran errands. i had a few more little houseware-type things i still needed to buy, so i bought them today. i also hit the grocery store for some much-needed food. i was getting so sick of not having any real food in my apartment. now, there's a little something there. my apartment is still a complete bachelor pad (as any place i ever live in will probably be), but at least it's a clean one, with more food in it than some stale crackers and some leftover pizza.

and, in other news...memery, ganked from squelch84! (i know, there have been too many memes here lately. it's a combo of two things--the proliferation of memes that amuse me right now, and the impending doom of finals week.

Instructions: Go to http://www.popculturemadness.com and copy the top hits from the year you turned 18. Strike through the ones you don't like, bold the ones you do, italicize the ones you know but neither like nor dislike. The ones you don't know leave plaintext.

*songs from 2000--the year i turned 18:*

1. Who Let The Dogs Out - Baha Men
2. Oops! I Did It Again - Britney Spears
3. Larger Than Life - Backstreet Boys (i sure didn't like it in 2000...but i've been getting really, really nostalgic for those boy bands. they've become a guilty pleasure. i know. i'm a terrible person.)
4. The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
5. Say My Name - Destiny's Child
6. Party Up - DMX
7. It's Gonna Be Me - N*Sync (this one might just be my favourite boy band song. i love this one.)
8. With Arms Wide Open - Creed
9. Thong Song - SisqO (i don't like it, unless i'm at a loud party. if i'm at a house party, or a frat party as i probably was in 2000, it's got a danceable beat.)
10. Graduation - Vitamin C
11. Bye Bye Bye - N*Sync
12. Jumpin' Jumpin' - Destiny's Child
13. I Turn To You - Christina Aguilera
14. Try Again - Aaliyah
15. Only God Knows Why - Kid Rock
16. She Bangs - Ricky Martin
17. Lucky - Britney Spears
18. The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang
19. Faded - Soul Decision (well, it's a terrible song...although it was really, really funny how often Carter played this song first year of college. those were the days.)
20. Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
21. Come On Over - Christina Aguilera
22. Back Here - BBMak
23. I Wanna Know - Joe
24. Country Grammar - Nelly (same deal as the Thong Song...don't like it unless i'm in the house party/frat party context. then, it pretty much rocks.)
25. It Wasn't Me - Shaggy with Ricardo Ducent
26. I Think I'm In Love With You - Jessica Simpson
27. Higher - Creed (what's with all the creed in 2000? my own prison was a fantastic album, but anything other than that album was just awful.)
28. Forgot About Dre - Dr. Dre & Eminem (yeah. this song is pimpin'. that's about all i have to say about that.)
29. Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche) - 98°
30. Amazed - Lonestar (another needs-a-context song. it's a good song for sappy slowdancing.)
31. Feelin' So Good - Jennifer Lopez
32. If You're Gone - Matchbox Twenty
33. Music - Madonna
34. Heavy Things - Phish
35. Steal My Kisses - Ben Harper
36. Bent - Matchbox Twenty (i swear, this was on the radio every morning that spring, on the way to school. good song. good stuff.)
37. Hope - Shaggy
38. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers (this song is six years old? i thought it was more recent. WTF? i'm getting old.)
39. Better Off Alone - Alice DeeJay
40. Little Black Back Pack - Stroke 9

No comments: