going back to st. louis tomorrow. grumble. i wish there was no school this week...you know it's going to be a long week when it's only sunday, not even monday, and you're wondering when the weekend is going to come back around.
i can't think clearly enough to make a real post, but i don't feel like going to bed yet. therefore, i'm going to be doing another meme, because it tells me what to write about, and i can go in short little bursts.
1. What curse word do you use the most?
oh gosh. no one who has only known me the last year or two would ever believe this, but i used to never curse, ever. i used to be vehemently opposed to cursing. now, i curse all the time. i probably overuse the word "ass" the most, but you name a curse word and i probably overuse that one as well.
2. Do you own an iPod?
nope. i have a creative zen mp3 player. it holds 40 gigs of music, and i got it for nice and cheap on e-bay las spring
3. What person on your friendslist do you talk to the most?
that would probably be megan...she never posts on her journal, but i do see her all the time at school and talk to her.
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
9:31, since i have class at eleven. but, do i ever sleep in that late, in reality? almost never. instead, i'm usually at school by 9, wasting time in the lounge instead of wasting time in bed.
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
yeah. his name was randy, and this was my senior year of high school. i was convinced he was the only person who would ever want to date me...boy, was i ever wrong. he was pretty boring. if i knew then what i know now, that i have a surprising amount of mojo for an awkward, geeky, big girl, i would probably have thought twice about that being my first kiss. although, his car was pretty sweet. he kissed me in his camaro. camaros are pretty darn sexy cars.
6. Do you remember where you were on 9/11/01?
chicago...getting ready for another day of orientation aide training, my second year of college
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
be in it. i can't take a picture to save my life, but really, i'm a total camera-whore.
8. What was the last movie you watched?
i went and saw Borat yesterday. it was a very funny movie...not the comedy revolution people make it out to be, but it was worth the time and money to go see, because it amused me a lot.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
none of my close friends have children.
10. Has anyone anyone ever called you lazy?
not enough people have called me lazy. maybe i do a good job of fooling them, or maybe they're just tactful, because honestly i'm the laziest person i know
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
nope. i try to avoid taking medicine whenever possible.
12. What CD is currently in your CD player?
i don't have a cd player...but currently playing on my computer is "what's up" by 4 non blondes. (yes, i know, it's a terrible song. but, it's awesomely bad. i enjoy it. shut up.)
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate?
regular or chocolate what? ice cream? candy? what's regular? is that vanilla? is that something else, like yoghurt?
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
i don't know if it's necessarily a *secret*, but definitely i've been told stuff that i should not be disclosing, for the protection of all parties involved
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
i grabbed coffee there on friday morning
16. Can you whistle?
not well, but i know how to do it
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
their smile. (as opposed to the same sex, where the first thing i notice is their body shape)
18. What are you looking forward to?
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
nope, not as much as i do now anyway. i wasn't crazy about cartoons as a kid.
23. Do you own any band t-shirts?
i own more than i can count
24. What will you be doing in one hour?
maybe sleeping, but more likely surfing the internet
25. Is anyone in love with you?
that's likely...although saying more than that would get into recent personal shit that's way too complicated for a public forum like this. if you know me closely, you know the picture. if you don't, then you don't.
26. What was the last song heard?
right now i've got "broken promises" by element eighty
27. Last time you cried?
28. Are you on a desktop computer or a lap top?
29. Are you currently wanting any piercing or tattoos?
i don't know where i'd get it, but i'd love a tattoo of the chicago flag
30. What the weather like?
too warm for chicago in mid-november
31. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
probably not...a few little ones are alright, but too many are a complete turn-off to me. i don't know why. but, even the rockers that i had my fun with back in the day weren't covered in tattoos.
32. What did you do before this?
played board games with my friends
33. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
last night, and my neck and back are still pissed off at me for it.
34. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
at least seven, preferably eight
35. Do you eat breakfast daily?
i can't function without it.
36. Are your days fast-paced?
depends on the day
37. What did you do last night?
went to the 5pm showing of borat, and then to a mexican restaurant, and then to a friend's place for a while, and then to too much light makes the baby go blind. then i crashed, because i was really sleepy and it was after 2am.
38. Do you use sarcasm?
39. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
25 (don't make me think about that! i just turned 24 a week ago!)
40. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
to a fault.
41. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
i've been to Great America a couple times
43. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
i get along with both...but i have more opposite-sex friends
44. Do you like mustard?
dijon mustard and honey mustard rock. stupid yellow mustard, on the other hand, is awful
45. Do you sleep on your side?
46. Do you watch the news?
who watches the news anymore? i read the news online, on the trib website usually...the closest thing i ever watch to news is sometimes i watch the daily show or the colbert report
47. How did you get one of your scars?
i've got a scar on my foot from when i was skinny-dipping in the law school fountain at the u of c during scavenger hunt. i fell, and skinned up my leg and foot really badly.
48. Who was the last person to make you mad?
we're not going into that here.
49. Do you like anybody?
i'm not a *complete* misanthrope...there are a few people floating around that i like.
50. What is the last thing you purchased?
indian food for dinner...mmmmm, sag paneer and naan.