Friday, July 07, 2006

baby steps. baby steps.

i swore earlier this summer that my goal was to pull myself together, make life coherent again.

i'm not there, but i'm inching closer. i've got a few things figured out, i've got a few things not figured out yet. some things are still rocky, some things are the same, and some things are not quite as scary as i feared.

i still don't have a new apartment yet, and that's still stressing me out. i still don't have much money at all...but with my summer salary, of course, that was perfectly expected, right? i need to get my stuff together for job interviews for next summer...get ready for OCI, and figure out where i'm going to apply on my own. i don't know yet what i'm going to take instead of jury instructions if i don't get into pretrial. i also still need a new pair of pants.

but, some things are there. i have secured funding for another year of law school. my jobs are going well--especially the clinic, i'm actually feeling like i'm doing good things for my clients, not letting them down as i feared i would. i'm doing my part to organize law school orientation, getting the activity fair together. i am singing...every week at karaoke this summer, and also in the church choir come fall. i am reading voraciously for fun, enjoying my nights when i don't have to study for class. i'm spending lots of time with chris...and he's being so wonderful, dealing with me and my crazy mood swings this summer. i don't know what i'd do without him.

the still-undone seems insurmountable, but i also wonder how i got as far as i have on the few things that i have gotten done.

baby steps. baby steps.

No comments: