well...after a really calm, lazy tuesday...trial team is now in full swing. i had four hours of it on wednesday, seven and a half of it today (two actual meetings, and i spent the time after the first one preparing for the second one), three hours of it tomorrow, and then practice on saturday...who knows how long that will be, but probably long because two coaches will be there. it feels so good being back in the game, starting with a team, from scratch, on a new case. we're running into all the crazy theories and holes--this case is as messy as any case that AMTA throws out. (it's as poorly written as well...we'll see what happens when the edits come out.)
on another topic--am i pathetic? i'm watching GSN, and there is an episode of millionaire on. i have seen this episode. i saw this episode maybe two or three months ago. i remember all the questions from having seen them when it was on before. yes, my name is nicolle, and i am a game show network addict.
law school grades are a rollercoaster. i got that contracts grade that i'm still not happy with. none of my class grades are back, but i got my grade back on the research log that i was working on (and, of course, freaking out about) two months ago, and i'm actually happy with how i did on that one. *sigh of relief* sometimes you feel like a moron, sometimes you don't, i guess.
anyway...meme time. yay.
1. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?
if you know me well enough, you know the answer to this.
2. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be?
Simple Plan. they made "perfect" for me and the Good Doctor to laugh at, they've served their purpose. now, they really need to disappear.
3. Who would you really like to just punch in the face?
right this second, the moron who wrote the ATLA law school case.
4. What is your favorite cheese?
sharp cheddar. extra sharp cheddar. the sharpest cheddar ever.
5. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your immediate disposal. What kind of sandwich would u have and what would be on it?
roast beef, extra-sharp cheddar, and fresh mozzarella on honey wheat.
6. You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie-celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once (they will never call you back). Who is it?
Catherine. Zeta. Jones.
7. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Same rules as above. Who is it?
James Black. i bet he'd be a dynamo in the sack.
8. Now that you've slept with two different people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. How are you gonna spend it?
take the boy out for sushi at seki, and then go for darts, karaoke, and beers at blue hill.
9. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
london. definitely, london.
10. Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Now that you are in the new location, where are you gonna go to spend that?
first i'd change it into euros (haha)...then i'd find some hole-in-the-wall pub and try some random, really heavy english food that i've never heard of. then, i'd probably have most of it left...so i'd walk aimlessly around the city until i saw something that looked fun to do, and go do it.
11. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. "Be brand-specific" it says. Man! What are you gonna say about that? Even if you don't drink booze there's something you can figure out... so what's it gonna be?
Grey Goose Vodka. hands-down.
12. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?
the fraction of a second before the big bang...so i could see what really happened.
13. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
you're not allowed to be stupid. if you're stupid, judge nicolle gets to fine you for being stupid.
(okay, my second rule would prohibit murder...but my first one has to be more fun than that.)
14. You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what's the premise?
i would call it "cash or bomb." there would be three contestants, and they would compete in a round of answering questions for points. the one with the most points after that round would go to the box round. there would be a set of twenty boxes--one of them would have a grand prize ($100000 or so), nine of them would have another cash prize (maybe $5000), and ten of them would be rigged with a "bomb"--when it was opened, it would go boom, and cover the contestant with something yucky. the contestant would then get seven questions--for each one he or she got right, one of the bombs would be taken away. for each one he or she got wrong, one of the cash boxes would be taken away. then, the contestant would pick a box, open it, and either get the money inside--or get covered with something icky.
15. What is your favorite expletive?
16. One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What do you do?
i'd look at them, be really confused, and yell at them to go away. if they didn't go away, i'd start trying to kick them in the nuts.
17. Your house is on fire, holy shit! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don't worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what's the one thing you're going to save from that blazing inferno?
my laptop...my life is on this thing.
18. The Angel Of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel Of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour?
have sex. preferably a threesome.
19. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What's it gonna be?
20. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
the half an hour before fourth round at des moines in 2004 :)
21. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
a certain picnic-table make-out session my first year of college, just so everyone would stop harassing me about it.
22. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check out this cool shit... you can move to anywhere else in the world!
canada. probably toronto.
23. This question still counts, even for those of you who are under age. Check it out. You have been eternally banned from every single bar in the world except for ONE. Which one is it gonna be?
exit, back in chicago. it's an awesome punk bar with a great juke box, and a dominatrix who humiliates people in public every thursday night. it's awesome.
24. Hopefully you didn't mention this in the super-powers question.... If you did, then we'll just expand on that. Check it out... Suddenly, you have gained the ability to FLOAT!!! Whose house are you going to float to first?
i'd float on over to kansas city to see the boy.
25. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier have given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous-person of your choice. So which late celebrity will you bring back to life?
i think i'd bring Eleanor Roosevelt back to life. i think she'd be lots of fun to hang out with.
26. The Celestial Gates Of Beyond have opened, much to your surprise because you didn't think such a thing existed. Death appears. As it turns out, Death is actually a pretty cool entity, and happens to be in a fantastic mood. Death offers to return the friend/family-member/person/etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back?
my father's mother...she was really cool, and smart, and i think she got alzheimer's way too soon, before i could realise the full extent of her awesome.