Monday, October 17, 2005

my brain is starting to sour on contracts, so i'm taking a short break.

i have all of my actual reading and briefing and other assorted homework for the week all done. now, all i have left is the most important and daunting task of all: readying myself for the contracts midterm.

the good news is, i already have an outline of the chapters that the midterm covers, chapters 1 and 2 of the book. i think my strategy is going to be:

1. re-read chapters 1 and 2 of the textbook.
2. as i read, take notes of the light bulbs that go off--i.e., concepts that weren't so clear in class, but as i re-read them in the book, they now make sense.
3. re-read my class notes and jot down related light bulbs.
4. look over...and over...and over..and over my outline.
5. make up my one-word outline...a list of ten or so Large Concepts that i will memorize and jot down as the exam starts, and go over one by one when the questions ask me to do some classic Issue Spotting.

so far, i'm doing pretty well...i am about a third of the way through the re-reading. i've had a few Light Bulbs, but it's mostly a sense of "yeah, this is quite familiar and quite clear." still, i'm glad i'm forcing myself to re-read, since it's the most in-depth review possible of all the material i need to know for the test.

just need to get through all of this contracts studying, get myself ready for this exam, and then take the test. the test is wednesday afternoon from 3:45-5:15.

then, it's fall break...which ought to equal Happy Chicago Time. :)

No comments: