Sunday, September 04, 2005

i have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good.

and, by the top of the mountain, i mean last.fm.

it's an online "radio station", but basically you tell it (by clicking on stuff, plugging in through your itunes, or both) what you like, and it will come up with music that other people who listen to what you listen to also like. it's awesome.

i found it because my stumble upon toolbar brought it to me. stumble upon is almost as cool as last.fm. it's a mozilla firefox plugin that is going to make me flunk out of school. one of my classmates told me about it when i was out on thursday night...basically you tell it what you're interested in, and then by clicking the "stumble upon" button on your mozilla toolbar, it brings you to random websites that are somehow linked to subjects you like. it's brought me to a few sites that i already know and love, but mostly sites that i've never heard of before. and, some of them are just inspired. i can sit at my computer for hours, just clicking on that little button...and i sure have.

No comments: