Thursday, August 11, 2005

you know you're getting old when you get genuinely excited about mundane, practical things. i finally got my paycheck in the mail yesterday (!), so today i went to the bank to go get a checking account. since they're the bank that has atm's on campus, in schnucks (the grocery store...greatest name ever for a grocery store...) and basically everywhere else useful in town, i got my account through bank of america. i had a few things in mind that would be cool...i.e. free student checking no matter what my balance is...and it would even be cool that even though i didn't have my account open yet, if they could put part of my check in the bank and give some of it to me in cash. they could do that...something hyde park would not have done. furthermore, it's kind of cool...with my checking account you get one sort of "get out of jail free card"...a one time waiver for an overdraft fee or atm fee or something. i don't know why you'd want to use it on a $2 atm fee...but on some of the other bank fees it could be used on, it may come in handy. anyway...the point is that i feel really, really old because i'm psyched about my fancy-schmancy checking account.

other than that, not a whole lot is up. i need to bring myself to do something about the mock trial situation, get past the being-bummed-ness of it all and find a team to coach. i should call up SLU, maybe...if they'd let me coach, i could coach, in person...and maybe it'll happen like dr. c said would happen in a movie, that in a movie i'd go coach them and then at regionals they'd knock wash u out of a postseason. that would be insanely amusing...and their just dessert, really.

other than that, not too much going on here, really. i'm still not really moved into my own place, i need to get furniture and stuff. i'm trying to find nice inexpensive stuff on craigslist...there were a couple of things a couple of days ago, but they've since sold. hopefully something good will be posted today that i can buy, because it would be darn nice to at least have a bed. if i had a bed i could do useful things like "stay at my place instead of having to walk back to chris' after chris and i sit in my place and watch my tv." i did get cable tv this week. cable tv is cool. i also got internet access...but i can't take advantage of that until i get my computer, and i can't get a computer until i get my loans in the first day of school. that is the first thing i'm buying when i get money, though...i can't wait to have a computer again.

this is a total change of topic...but this is insane. yesterday i got an email from my contracts professor...he is apparently going to miss some clases later in the semester...so he has to do some make-ups. one of these make-ups will be THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. we were not even supposed to have contracts until tuesday. but, apparently he does this all the time, my boyfriend had him last year. his schedule got crazy, but he didn't have a make up class the first day of school. that's patently not cool that i do.

alright...time for me to draw this colossally disjointed piece to a close.

p.s. photograph, this new nickelback song, is awful. absolutely awful. that's not surprising, since their recent stuff pretty much is, but it's a far cry from the state, the album they released my senior year of high school. leader of men and breathe were good songs. this song, however, reminds me way too much of that vitamin c graduation song...a piece of crap written specifically to be chosen by squeaky high school students as their senior song. songs like that are never good. then again, maybe i have a screwed up sense of what a senior song should be...i thought "ode" by creed would be a perfect senior song.

"ode" by creed

hang me
watch awhile
let me see you smile as i die
take me as my body burns
let me see you yearn while i cry

one step on your own
and you walk all over me
one head in the clouds
you won't let go
you're too proud
one light to the blind and they see
one touch on the head
we believe

adore me as i drift away
let me hear you say i'm fine
you cry as my body dies
all that you despised is gone away

one step on your own
and you walk all over me
one head in the clouds
you won't let go
you're too proud
one light to the blind and they see
one touch on the head
we believe

No comments: