Monday, August 08, 2005

last week we had the drama of leona's losing my paycheck.

now, we have the drama of the library not paying me.

i realised on saturday that my paycheck, that was supposed to be in my account, was not in my account. i called the bank today, and they said that indeed, my paycheck had not been deposited into my account.

i called the library and i had to leave a message with the woman in payroll. she had better call me back, and soon.

i didn't tell them i had closed my bank account. i didn't close my bank account. i didn't expect this from the library, they were usually good about doing legally mandated stuff like paying me for the work i did.

and now i'm sitting here with no job...and no paycheck that was supposed to be put in my account on friday. the whole reason i hadn't yet closed my account with hyde park bank was that i'd be getting this paycheck last friday, and i'd have access to it right then.

clearly life is just out to get me.

No comments: