Thursday, November 11, 2004

ah...it's 44 degrees outside. toasty, for november. usually by late-september, early october, the midway becomes a wind tunnel. no...today was the first day i'd ever noticed it...and i've been walking across it two to three times a day, five days a week, for at least the last month. i brought my coat to work today, but i left it hanging on my chair, at my desk, at the law school. there's just something about that little walk across the midway...it's not that far, and i can do it without my coat. today, it's in a short sleeved shirt...the one where one of the sleeves is tied off thanks to an incident from scavhunt last year. the wind was whipping what little hair i had around (not that it wasn't messy already, i should have fixed it, or worn my baseball cap...), and it just felt good. good to be alive, good to be in the wind, good that it's finally starting to feel like fall in chicago.

No comments: