Wednesday, September 01, 2004

it's been a long time since a song has just made me cry. it's funny...i've heard "so cold" by breaking benjamin quite a few times before, been kind of hooked on it for a while. the melody's amazing, when i hear it on the radio i would at least hum along, although i didn't know the words. today, i pulled up the song online, and had the presence of mind to just stop and pay attention to the lyrics of the song. they're absolutely amazing. they paint...such a picture of me. there are lines in the song that just thinking about them, i'm about to cry. i'm going to post the lyrics here...because there's very little i can say right now beyond what i've already said. that, and there's very little i can say right now that breaking benjamin hasn't said better.

"so cold"
by breaking benjamin

crowded streets are cleared away
one by one
hollow heroes separate
as they run

you're so cold
keep your hand in mine
wise men wonder while strong men die

show me how it ends
it's alright
show me how defenseless you really are
satisfied and empty inside
that's alright
let's give this another try

if you find your family
don't you cry
in this land of make believe
dead and dry

you're so cold
but you feel alive
lay your hands on me one last time

show me how it ends
it's alright
show me how defenseless you really are
satisfied and empty inside
that's alright
let's give this another try

show me how it ends
it's alright
show me how defenseless you really are
satisfied and empty inside
that's alright
let's give this another try

it's alright...

No comments: