Tuesday, November 18, 2003

all i want to do is just post song lyrics on this thing right now, so that's what i'm going to do.

this song is indicative of my mood yesterday and this morning.

"vacant" by dead man holiday

sinister emotions
run with the stampede
toying with our morals
favouring the bad seed
i'm trying hard to convince myself
and still i wonder why
the pictures keep on breaking
the victims always die

we are waiting for tomorrow
barely breathing from our yesterdays
we are waiting for tomorrow
barely breathing from our yesterdays

still i stand here separate
bleeding from my eyes
promises mean nothing
from a book full of lies
so underneath this poison
where we decide to stay
drowning in complacency
and fading away

we are waiting for tomorrow
barely breathing from our yesterdays
we are waiting for tomorrow
barely breathing from our yesterdays

i walk
i breathe
i keep searching and trying to get across
but i seem to have lost my map of resilience
never to be found

our lives drenched in sorrow
vacancy folds
the truth we abandon
the truth that we hold
we keep playing leader
emptiness grows
the life we continue to follow

we are waiting for tomorrow
barely breathing from our yesterdays
we are waiting for tomorrow
barely breathing from our yesterdays

i don't know why this next song is striking such a chord with me right now, but it is. maybe because it's such a powertrip to have someone wrapped around your little finger? i'm an evil human being. either that, or i've seen too many people being destroyed by being addicted to others, and i relate to seeing this evil. i can't decide whether i'm attracted or appalled by the sentiments in this song...this is scary, but i'm not going to think too hard about that just yet. i'll just revel in the awesomeness of it, because either way it's such a good song.

"addicted" by the blank theory

you find yourself in circumstances that you can't control
you follow me around everywhere
everywhere i go
it's the way you want it and it's the way I've worked it out
it's the way you want it and i'll always let you down

all the things you'll never be
the further down you walk with me
once I had the things you'd want
now i have something you need

i want to give you more
i want you addicted to me
i want to give you more
i want you addicted to me

i don't mind pretending i'm someone else
whoever you want me to be
as long as i'm inside you
you'll never want me to leave
it's the way you want it
you'll never be alone
it's the way you wanted to trust in me
and now i have control

all the things you'll never be
the further down you walk with me
once I had the things you'd want
now i have something you need

i want to give you more
i want you addicted to me
i want to give you more
i want you addicted to me

i want to give you more
i want you addicted to me
i want to give you more
something that no one else can give
i want to give you more
i want to give you more
i want to give you more
i want you addicted to me

No comments: